⟵ Back to Blog
A shiny new PeerTube instance
March 20th, 2021
PaceRIP now has its own streaming-only PeerTube instance!
You can watch streams and register an account at: pace.rip 🎊
PeerTube's cool for a number of reasons:
- Open-source (repo here).
- Concurrent viewers can share streaming bandwidth (info
- An RSS feed keeps track of new streams, so we can automatically post these streams to our Discord.
- Site is hosted via DigitalOcean in New York, on an Ubuntu 20.04 server with Docker. We'll resize our droplet
in accordance with need.
- We don't allow direct uploads or host VODs, and live transcoding is disabled. This allows us to keep server
- We're ads-free, which means: no ads from us, and we won't sell user data. The only ads you might see would
be streamer sponsorships, which we don't disallow. If out-of-pocket server costs grow too large, we'll ask
for donations (in a manner that's unobtrusive).
- The site's got a ton of custom CSS,
quite the continual work-in-progress.